When the time comes to sell your home it is important to ensure that you entrust your sale to a reputable estate agent, if the stress of selling is to be minimised.
However, the most successful sales tend to be those where the seller and agent work hand in hand during the marketing process. Here are some pointers:
- Be open with your agent about any problems with the property. Even if these cannot be solved, awareness of an issue could save a sale.
- Ensure your agent is properly informed about which fixtures and fittings will be staying/going. (NB watch the terminology here: “staying with you” or “staying with the house”?)
- Tell your agent if you have any direct buyer enquiries – it can avoid confusion over commission.
- Ideally your agent should accompany all viewings, but if you show the buyers round yourself, immediately let your agent know how the viewing went, so he/she can follow-up appropriately.
- Keep the house and garden clean and tidy at all times – you never know when you might get a short-notice viewing, or interested parties peering over the fence.
- Aim to be as flexible as possible over viewing times and completion dates.
- Agree to listen constructively to your agent’s feedback and recommendations.
As your selling agent, we share your objectives – to achieve the fastest sale at the highest possible price with minimum disruption to your lifestyle. So help us to help you. After all – we’re on your side! Why not call us for an initial chat on 01242 257333 or 01452 597994.
Blog Post Disclaimer
This is a personal blog. Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal and belong solely to the blog owner and do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
Downloadable Files and Images Any downloadable file, including but not limited to pdfs, docs, jpegs, pngs, is provided at the user’s own risk. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages resulting from a corrupted or damaged file.
Comments Comments are welcome. However, the blog owner reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice due to :
- Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam.
- Comments including profanity.
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive.
- Comments containing hate speech, credible threats, or direct attacks on an individual or group.
The blog owner is not responsible for the content in comments.
This blog disclaimer is subject to change at anytime.
If in considering action upon the contents of this blog, one should always seek professional advice.